Psoriasis is a relatively common, chronic skin disease. It appears as patchy, silvery scales or erythematous plaques on the legs, knees, elbows, arms, scalp, or back, especially affecting extensor surfaces (opposite of eczema). Additional clues to the diagnosis of psoriasis are nail pitting and Koebner’s phenomenon, that is, lesions appearing at sites of recent injury. Psoriasis tends to improve during summer or with the application of ultraviolet (UV) light, which has led to speculation that vitamin D deficiency may be involved, yet it also tends to exacerbate markedly with alcohol use. Given that ethanol and vitamin D deficiency can both contribute to leaky gut syndrome, and because the etiology of the disease involves epidermal hyperplasia induced by autoimmune antibodies, one recent theory speculates that systemic absorption of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) from gut microbes may be the true cause. This opens up liver and gallbladder support as a possible avenue for treatment, since bile normally acts as a detergent to destroy LPS in the gut, and indeed, some trials have shown ox bile supplementation to be effective.1 It is noteworthy that many psoriasis patients report having trouble digesting fats. Psoriatic arthritis is a possible complication of psoriasis. You may wish to refer to the Arthritis section of this guide.
Cort Sym™ Gel- topical gel for temporary relief of minor itchy skin, irritations, and inflammation.**
Dermapar™– glandular homeopathic for epidermal support, indicated for relief of itching, burning, weeping, cracks, and eruptions.**
* Drainpar™- glandular homeopathic for the liver, lymph, and kidneys, indicated to support the emunctories.**
Elimitone™- tonifier for the lymphatic and immune systems, indicated to gently support detoxification.**
Genstat™- This homeopathic and magnesium chloride blend stimulates detoxification of the elimination centers. Until the organs of elimination are functioning, other detoxification is not recommended.**
Hepastat™- homeopathic detoxifier for the liver, indicated for indigestion, flatulence, exhaustion, nausea, and constipation.**
* Hepatone™- tonifier for the liver and gallbladder, indicated for flatulence, constipation, and salty, bitter taste in the mouth.**
Psora Miasm– homeopathic miasmic remedy for relief of itching of the skin, eruption on the scalp and bends of joints with itching, skin that is dry, scaly, and general exhaustion.**
* Psoriasis HP™- (will be renamed Derma Scale HP) high-potency formula indicated for relief of itching, burning dry skin, scaly skin, and skin eruptions.**
Renastat™- homeopathic detoxifier for the kidneys, indicated for pain in the abdomen extending around the back, pain in the thighs and loins on urinating, and frequent urination.**
Scrophularitone™- tonifier for lymphatics, indicated for sore throat with constant tickling, tender breasts, bronchial irritation with cough, and sinus congestion.**
Systemistat™- homeopathic detoxifier for the general system, indicated to promote cleansing of the blood and lymphatics.**
Note: There are numerous detoxifiers that may be appropriate. Please review the other Energique® Detoxifiers (Stats) available at www.energiquepro.com.
Bayberrycom™- fortifier for the kidneys and herbal diuretic, indicated for kidney stones, uremic poisoning, and inflammation of the kidneys.
* Burdocom™- fortifier for the smooth muscles, skin and liver, indicated for eczema, psoriasis, lymphatic problems, jaundice, and liver disease.
Cascaracom™- fortifier for the colon and liver, indicated for liver disease, indigestion, dysentery, constipation, gallbladder congestion, intestinal catarrh, colic, and colitis.
* Dandecom™- fortifier and detoxifier for the liver, indicated for blood purification, constipation, liver problems, fatty liver, gallbladder congestion, cirrhosis, and psoriasis.
Environmental Formula– Rainforest Botanical environmental detox formula that improves bile production and secretion, releases liver congestion, dispels uric acid, promotes liver and gallbladder health, and enhances the elimination of environmental toxins.
Gencom™- fortifier for the blood and general system detoxifier, indicated for constipation, indigestion, liver problems, lymphatic congestion, dysbiosis, eczema, and gastritis.
Inflammacom™- (will be renamed Turmericom) fortifier for the immune system and anti-inflammatory, indicated for psoriasis.
Lomacom™- topical ointment to fortify and soften the skin, indicated for psoriasis.
Regencom™- fortifier for the immune system, indicated for lowered immune response and as a general system detoxifier.
Rejuvederm™- soothing topical herbal gel, promotes healthy skin.
* Scrophularicom™- fortifier for the lymph, spleen, and liver, indicated for detoxification, lymphatic congestion, and diseases of the liver and skin.
Trifolocom™- fortifier for the lymphatic system and spleen, indicated for fatigue, detoxification, inflammation, hepatitis, skin disorders, liver problems, and lymphatic drainage.
* D3 25 MCG or 125 MG.– vitamin D plays a role in controlling the proliferation of keratinocytes and maintaining tight junctions between enterocytes. Research suggests that vitamin D deficiency is common in patients with psoriasis.
* Digestizyme Plus– tableted digestive enzymes to aid in the breakdown of foods and relieve leaky gut symptoms.
Enervimin™ Digestion Focus– full-spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement formulated to support healthy digestion.
Flax Seed Oil- essential fatty acid supplement, indicated for dryness and inflammation of the skin.
* G.L.A. Borage– essential fatty acid supplement, indicated for dryness and inflammation of the skin.
Lipazyme– tableted digestive enzymes formulated to assist with fat digestion.
Primrose Oil– natural source of essential fatty acids, may be applied topically to relieve dryness and inflammation.
* Life Choice– Energique’s “green nutrition” capsules are formulated to aid in removing toxins and boosting one’s immunity.
Topical UV therapy is often beneficial for reducing the severity of lesions. Reducing intake of alcohol and spicy foods may help control leaky gut syndrome. In a randomized clinical trial of 800 psoriasis patients, 78 percent became asymptomatic after eight weeks of ox bile supplementation, compared to 25 percent with conventional allopathic therapy.2 Most over-the-counter lotions and ointments should be avoided. Many can aggravate the condition. Our Rejuvederm or Lomacom would be better choices. Additionally, Energique’s Revitalized Water Concentrate can be used topically.
- Ely PH. Is psoriasis a bowel disease? Successful treatment with bile acids and bioflavonoids suggests it is. Clinics in Dermatology May-Jun; 36(3): 376-389; Gyurcsovics K, Bertok L. Pathophysiology of psoriasis: coping endotoxins with bile acid therapy. Pathophysiology. 2003 Dec; 10(1):57-61
- Gyurcsovics K, Bertok L. Pathophysiology of psoriasis: coping endotoxins with bile acid therapy. Pathophysiology. 2003 Dec; 10(1):57-61
*Denotes primary remedy.
**These statements are based upon traditional homeopathic practice.
**Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.