Depression is an all too prevalent condition characterized by persistent low mood and lack of positive affect. There are many types of depression, and the causes are wide and varied. It may be triggered by seasonal change, stress, trauma, chemical imbalances, thyroid disorders, digestive problems, food sensitivities, nutritional deficiencies, viruses, or allergies. Foods greatly influence the brain’s behavior, and poor diet, especially snacking on junk foods, is a common contributing factor. Please refer to the Food Sensitivities (Allergies), Anxiety, Adrenal Dysfunction, and Hypothyroidism pages of this guide.
5-HTP Phenolic– homeopathic cord of 5-Hydroxytryptophan designed for people with mood issues, especially related to food or phenolic sensitivities.**
ADD HP™- (will be renamed Focus Spectrum) high potency formula for symptoms associated with attention disorders such as lack of attention, poor concentration, hyperactivity, procrastination, and memory and comprehension problems.**
Allerstat I™- (will be renamed Histastat Food) homeopathic detoxifier for common food allergies, indicated for indigestion with flatulence and bloating and loss of weight.**
Aurum Met– single homeopathic remedy indicated for melancholy and hopelessness, especially in persons who do not value themselves.**
L-Dopa Phenolic– homeopathic cord of this amino acid designed for people with mood issues, especially related to food or phenolic sensitivities.**
* Mentox HP™- high potency formula for mood issues, indicated for mental confusion, forgetfulness, and tendency toward melancholy.**
Multi-Flower– combination of all of the traditional English flowers essences, may temporarily relieve emotional conflicts.**
Norepinephrine Phenolic– homeopathic cord of this neurotransmitter designed for people with mood issues, especially related to food or phenolic sensitivities.**
Parathyropar™- glandular homeopathic for parathyroid dysfunction and balancing calcium metabolism, indicated for weakness of the extremities, sensitivity to cold, and mood issues, especially in those dealing with disturbances in calcium metabolism.**
Phenylalanine Phenolic– homeopathic cord made from phenylalanine, an important amino acid in neurotransmitter production.**
* Psychypar™- glandular homeopathic for emotional support, indicated for irritability, anger, confusion, and disorientation.**
* Serotonin Phenolic– homeopathic cord of this important neurotransmitter designed for people with mood issues, indicated for depression and insomnia.**
Ginkgocom™- fortifier for the circulatory system, indicated for mood support.
* Gotacom™- fortifier for the brain and endocrine system, indicated for mood support and the maintenance of healthy cerebral circulation.
Dandecom™- fortifier and detoxifier of the liver, indicated for mood support and to promote healthy liver function.
Inflammacom™- (will be renamed Turmericom) fortifier for the immune system, indicated to support healthy balance in the body’s inflammatory processes.
* Moodivate™– blend of nervine, tonic, and adaptogen herbs specifically formulated to support healthy mood.
* St. John’s Wort– single herb well known for its ability to support emotional wellbeing and healthy serotonin production.
Stress Formula– Rainforest Botanical formula that may help ease tension, nervousness, and maintain balance at high-stress moments.
* B Complex– B Vitamins are essential for normal brain and nervous system functioning.
B-6 250 MG– important vitamin cofactor for neurotransmitter production.
Calcium 6 Plus– six sources of calcium plus magnesium, indicated to address any mineral deficiencies.
Enervimin™ Stress Focus– full spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement high in the B Vitamins, designed for individuals under stress.
L-Tyrosine– this amino acid is a precursor of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine.
* Marine Omega 3 Pro– omega-3 fatty acids to support optimal functioning of the nervous system.
Melatonin Pro– melatonin supplement with added remedies to support healthy sleep.
* Methylfol– methylfolate and methyl-B12 to support energy and healthy brain chemistry.
Multi-Amino– multiple amino acid formula to help ensure the brain has the building blocks for neurotransmitter production.
A diet too low in the complex carbohydrates can cause serotonin levels to drop leading to depression. A diet too low in arachidonic acid or its precursor linoleic acid may also contribute to depression by compromising endocanabinoid synthesis. If spirits need lifting, turkey and salmon are high in tryptophan and other amino acids to support brain health. Red meat is high in arachidonic acid. Consider eliminating wheat products. Tell the patient to avoid all types of sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and processed foods.
*Denotes primary remedy.
**These statements are based upon traditional homeopathic practice.
**Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.